Transfer Students are those who have attempted coursework at a post-secondary institution after high school graduation, prior to attending Mansfield University.
- Credits are evaluated on a course-by-course basis. Following acceptance, you will receive an official transfer evaluation.
- Transfer Equivalency Appeals may be submitted in writing to the Transfer Coordinator (a course syllabus may be requested).
- We accept courses in transfer from all regionally-accredited institutions in the U.S. and approved colleges in other countries.
- Actual grades and GPA do not transfer, only credits.
- Courses completed with D grades are transferable only with a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA at home institution.
- Number of credits that transfer may not be more than credits awarded at home institution.
- Age of courses: Courses completed over 10 years ago are subject to greater scrutiny.
- Credits from two-year institutions: We will accept a maximum of 67 credits in transfer.
- Credits from four-year institutions: There is no limit to number of credits accepted in transfer, provided the 25%/50% rule is met.
- Mansfield University Credit Requirement
- 50% of major credits must be completed at Mansfield University
- 25% of total degree credits must be completed at Mansfield University
- Associate's Degree is not required for admission.
- There is NO MINIMUM number of credits required to transfer.
Transfer Policies and Procedures may be viewed at our online Undergraduate Catalogue.