Advanced Placement (AP):
- We accept high school course taken under the national Advanced Placement program prior to admission to the university. A minimum score of three (3) on the qualifying examinations is required for award of credit. No more than 24 credits earned by such examinations may be applied toward graduation requirements. Please submit the official score report from Collegeboard.org for review of transfer credits.
International Baccalaureate (IB):
- The International Baccalaureate (IB) collaborates with secondary schools around the world on programs for students ages 16 through 19. The two-year comprehensive curriculum allows participating students and IB graduates to fulfill requirements of various national education systems. In addition to applied academics, the IB program works with students to develop responsible citizenship, leadership skills, and cultural sensitivity.
- IB students entering Mansfield University may receive 6 to 8 credits for each higher-level (HL) IB examination completed with a score of 4-7. Credits are awarded for high-level subjects. No credit is awarded for standard-level (SL) subjects.
College Level Examination Program (CLEP):
- We participate in the national College Level Examination Program (CLEP). Mansfield University grants credit for CLEP "subject" examinations, but does not grant credit for the CLEP "general" examinations. Subject examinations are available in the areas of business, composition, education, foreign languages, humanities, mathematics, science, and social science. CLEP is a way to earn college credits for what you have already learned, and may shorten your college experience.
- Visit the Collegeboard.org website for in-depth information on the tests available, including sample questions and study guides.
- Click on the link to view a list of CLEP tests and their Mansfield course equivalencies, as well as the CLEP request form.
- Any veteran having completed a minimum of basic training with honorable service may apply for three credits in "sustainability," one of the general education requirements (SUS-2239), by submitting his or her DD-214 form.
Prior Learning Credit
Students may seek Prior Learning Credit through CAEL (Council for Adult and Experiential Learning.) As a member, Mansfield University will gladly accept transcripts from CAEL, based on course portfolios that you establish through them. This link will direct you to their site for more information: http://www.cael.org/How-We-Help/Adult-Students