- Submit online undergraduate transfer application.
- Submit $25 application fee online (application fee is waived with an associate's degree).
- Submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Submit official high school transcript if fewer than 31 post-secondary credits were earned.
- Submit mid-term grades if you are currently enrolled in your first semester at another institution.
Mansfield University has a rolling admissions policy. Applications will be reviewed based on academic credentials and space availability byond the recommended dates below:
- Fall semester: March 1
- Spring semester: November 1
- Credits are evaluated on a course-by-course basis. Following acceptance, you will receive an official transfer evaluation.
- We accept courses in transfer from all regionally accredited institutions in the U.S. and approved colleges in other countries.
- Actual grades and GPA do not transfer.
- Courses completed with D grades are transferrable only with a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA at home institution.
- Mansfield University requires 50% of major credits must be from Mansfield with 25% of total degree credits from Mansfield.
- A Transfer Equivalency Appeal may be submitted in writing to the Registrar's Office (a course syllabus may be requested).
Transfer Admission GPA Requirements:
- Min. 2.0 cumulative GPA for most majors
- Education: min. 3.0 GPA
- Nutrition: min. 2.7 GPA
- Social Work: min. 2.5 GPA
- Radiology: min. 2.7 GPA
- Respiratory Care: min. 2.7 GPA
- No minimum number of credits required to transfer
- Max 67 transfer credits from two-year institutions
- No maximum transfer credits from four-year institutions
- Associate's degree not required
Music Students are required to successfully complete an audition with the Music Department in order to be accepted into a Music program. Once you have submitted your admission application to the University, please submit your application to schedule an audition. Please visit our Music Department webpage for further information regarding audition requirements and audition dates.
We accept high school courses completed under the National Advanced Placement (AP) program prior to admission to the University. A minimum score of three (3) on the qualifying examinations is required for award of credit. No more than 24 credits earned by such examinations may be applied toward graduation requirements. Please submit the official score report from CollegeBoard.org for review for transfer credits.
International Baccalaureate Program (IB):
The International Baccalaureate Organization (IB) collaborates with secondary schools around the world on programs for students ages 16 through 19. The two-year comprehensive curriculum allows participating students and IB graduates to fulfill requirements of various national education systems. In addition to applied academics, the IB program works with students to develop responsible citizenship, leadership skills, and cultural sensitivity.
IB students entering Mansfield University may receive 6-8 credits for each higher level IB examination completed with a score of 4-7. Credits are awarded for higher-level subjects. No credit is awarded for subsidiary-level subjects.
For more information regarding IB credits, please contact our Transcript Evaluator, Amy Smith, at 570-662-4408.
College Level Examination Program (CLEP):
We participate in the national College Level Examination Program (CLEP). Mansfield University grants credit for CLEP SUBJECT examinations, but does not grant credit for the CLEP GENERAL examination. Subject examinations are available in the areas of business, composition, education, foreign languages, humanities, mathematics, science, and social science.
CLEP offers a way to earn college credits for prior learning and may shorten the length of the college experience. The minimum score to earn credit is 50. Information regarding CLEP examinations is available from the Registrar’s Office.
Students transferring from a non-accredited institution may opt to gain alternate credits through completion of CLEP exams. For information you may contact Wanda Labar at email@example.com, 570-662-4771 or visit South Hall 212.
Mansfield University awards undergraduate credit for military education and occupational training based on the recommendation of American Council on Education (ACE). Forward a Joint Service Transcript (JST) or Community College of the Air Force (CCAF).
Any veteran having completed a minimum of basic training with honorable service may apply for three credits in "sustainability," one of the general education requirements, by submitting his or her DD-214 form
- Mansfield University offers ACE recommended credits for courses completed through DSST/DANTES. Students must submit an official transcript for credit to be awarded (DSST tests are also proctored on our campus).