- MU Home
- Admissions Requirements
- Minimum 2.0 GPA required of most majors
- Education: 3.0 GPA
- Nursing: 2.7 GPA
- Social Work: 2.5 GPA
- Nutrition/Dietetics & Sports Nutrition: 2.7 GPA
- Radiologic Technology: 2.5 GPA
- Respiratory Therapy: 2.5 GPA
- Health Sciences: Completion of algebra, biology, and chemistry with a grade of C or better at the college level (B or better at the high school level).
- There is NO minimum number of credits required to transfer. If you have completed any post-secondary work after high school graduation, you are considered a Transfer Student, regardless of the number of credits (*If you have completed post-secondary work while still in high school, you are considered a First-Year Student with transfer credits).
- An associate degree is not required.
- A maximum of 67 credits may be transferred from two-year institutions.
- There is no limit to the number of credits that can be transferred from regionally-accredited four-year institutions. However, the 25-50% rule must be adhered to.
Special Program requirements:
- Music Students: must complete audition with Music Department prior to entrance into a music program. Please schedule an audition through the Music Webpage (dates and audition information are posted on the music page). *You may be accepted into the university, while entrance into the music program is pending your audition.
- Education Students: To ensure a smooth transition into our Education degree program, you must be aware of the PAPA test and Clearance requirements. Please familiarize yourself with them prior to attending. Refer to our Education Webpage for specifics.
- Art History Students: An art portfolio review is NOT required. This is an online degree-completion program; however, there is a classroom option. Due to state authorization mandates in Arkansas, Minnesota, and Rhode Island, students from these states may not participate in our online Art History program.