We strongly encourage applicants to submit applications and all required documentation at least three (3) months prior to their desired date of entry into Mansfield University of Pennsylvania. This will allow adequate time for the processing of your application and documents required for entry into the United States.
The requirements for international student's admission are listed below:
1. International Online Application
2. $25.00 Application Fee: The fee may be paid by credit card, by a dollar check drawn on a U.S. bank, or an international money order obtainable from banks or American Express offices. All transactions must be in U.S. funds and made payable to Mansfield University.
3. A copy of your passport
4. A copy of your Permanent Residency Card (if you have one)
5. A certified copy of your secondary school transcript, accompanied by a certified English translation if the original is not in English. Certified copies must be prepared by a school or education ministry official, bear the original seal and signature of the preparer, and be mailed directly to the Admissions Office. Please do not send your only original.
6. Applicants from countries where English is not the official language are required to submit official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam, the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), or the Duolingo English Test (DET). A TOEFL score of 65+ on the internet-based exam, 5.5+ on the IELTS, or 39+ on the DET indicate sufficient English proficiency.
7. Applicants must submit a written personal statement or essay. The personal statement gives us a chance to get an individual impression of you that we cannot gain through the grades and numbers on the other required documents.
8. A completed Financial Certification Insert Form demonstrating the availability of at least $26,696 for each regular academic year. Please print out the form, complete the information, and return it by mail or email.
9. Students must submit an original certified letter from the sponsor and the sponsor’s bank indicating the amount of money available to the student. U.S. law mandates that international students prove that they can support their estimated annual cost.
10. W-8BEN form Please complete Section I only, and sign and date the bottom of the form.
11. Transfer applicants should also request that original language transcripts, accompanied by certified English translations, be sent directly to the admission office by an official from each college or university previously attended. These records should also be sent to a certified credential evaluation service (www.WES.org or www.AACRAO.org) with a request that the evaluation results be mailed directly to the admissions office.
12. If you are applying for our music program, you must complete an audition. Click here for more information.
Once all of these documents are received, and if you are admitted to Mansfield University, you will be issued the immigration I-20, which you will use to apply for a student visa through the American consulate.
Email Marie Domenech at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the process.